AgroSpeCom specializes in application of alternative methods towards eliminating insects. Τhe “green” method of Controlled Atmosphere is applied to food raw materials (flour, pasta, legumes, nuts, cocoa, etc.), herbs, tobacco and wood/ furniture.
The major advantages of this method are that:
- No insects grow in the product.
- It takes the same time as the Phosphine application (3-8 days).
- There is no use of chemicals and therefore no residue.
- Can be used at any time without waiting for the contractor.
- An Internationally recognized certificate is issued at the end.
- Does not develop resistant insects.
- Has a minimized risk to personnel.
- It is a cost-competitive application.
Apart from building chambers for customers, AgroSpeCom offers a logistics service incorporating the controlled atmosphere chambers system. AgroSpeCom owns 3 chambers of controlled atmosphere in Inofyta, a special “clean room” area and and a loading lobby. These are located in the Transcombi logistics warehouse, which is a space of 1,500 m2 in Inofyta. The dimensions of each chamber is 15 m long, 3.5 m wide and 4.5 m high. The clean room occupies 1,200 m2 hall and the loading area of 100m2.